These past two weeks have been a whirlwind adventure into a new career in real estate. I have teamed up with my bother-in-law, Josh Salter, to provide our clients the ultimate experience in buying or selling their home (or both!). With taking on a new venture, I have already learned some valuable information about the world of real estate and about myself.
For those of you who don’t know me, I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself. My name is Amanda Nugent and I am married to my husband of 12 years, Wesley Nugent. I have two full-of-life kids who keep me on my toes at all times. My husband and I recently purchased a home in September by working with my brother-in-law, Josh Salter, real estate agent with Century 21 Elite in Bossier. We feel very blessed to have been able to work with a knowledgeable agent to get the home of our dreams, and now I get to work along side him learning the craft of real estate marketing and sales.
Those of you who know me well know that I have been a teacher for the past 7 years (5 years in pre-k and 2 years in kindergarten). I have already been able to draw on my strengths as an educator to help me in several ways. Here’s how:
- Just like with my students, I am very in-tune to whether or not potential clients understand the information I am sharing with them. If I can tell my client is not really “getting it”, I can break it down in a way that he or she can understand (or as my teacher friends call it- “differentiation”)
- I am VERY organized! I have a system for my system, and if something in the office is not working efficiently, I “MAKE IT WORK” as all good teachers do!
- I am a super student! I have heard the quote “The best teachers are the best students”, and I think that is so true! I love to learn new things (like, I watch documentaries on my downtime…NERD ALERT), but in the real estate world, this actually comes in handy! Before I could even test for my license in Louisiana, I had to take 90 hours of pre-license course work. Now that I have my license, I have to take 45 more! Lucky for me, I love to learn! I take notes, read books, listen to lectures, and interact with other agents during courses. If I come across something I don’t understand, I ask someone who does!
- I have a heart for helping. I know this sounds so cliche, but teachers wouldn’t be teachers if they didn’t love helping others. I feel that truly great agents have this heart as well. As a real estate agent, I am walking and talking people through the biggest purchase of their lives! That is a huge responsibility, but one that is made so much easier and more natural with a true heart for helping others.
- I look for potential. As a teacher, my mission is to find the potential in a student and bring that potential to life. I feel that this gift translates well to houses as well. I can see the potential in taking a lifeless house and making it a part of a family’s day to day life. This gift is even further enhanced by my “wannabe designer” mentality!
Like teaching- homes, real estate, and home decor have been a passion of mine for a long time. I mean, who else do you know that would ask for a new bedding set for Christmas every year from EIGHT YEARS OLD on?! I also used to pick up every Real Estate Guide I could find at restaurants and circle my favorite home on every page! True story!
While I still have the heart of a teacher, I am now able to take all of those strengths and put them to work for you! If you are looking to buy or sell your home OR you know someone who may be, please let me know! I would love to have the chance to work with you to find the home of your dreams! Just make me your new Magnolia Home Matchmaker!
Amanda Nugent, agent with Century 21 Elite Bossier
4012 Benton Road, Suite 110
Bossier City, LA 71111
Licensed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission
Each office independently owned and operated